Wednesday 11 December 2013

Author Interview: S.C. Rhyne

Recently I've been super lucky as I had the chance to interview S.C. Rhyne, the author of The Reporter and The Girl (Minus The Superman!). I would like to thank her for answering my questions and giving some great answers!


Please introduce yourself.
Hello, I formally go by S.C. Rhyne, or TheGirl. I am the creator of The Reporter and The Girl series at TheReporterandTheGirl.com and the debut novel of the same name. Thanks for interviewing me, Jessica.

This isn't a love story, says the synopsis. So how would you describe your novel?
I do categorize this as a romance adult genre, because it is a story about two people in a relationship, trying to figure out where the other stands. There is so many emotions that each character expresses, but this doesn’t follow the typical pattern of love stories. It’s a relationship story.

What made you decide against making your novel a rosy romance?
I wouldn’t say I’m hardcore against romance novels. I did portray some rosy essence in the book, the butterflies in the gut feeling, and the vulnerability of being “exposed”. However, I also added in what a lot of other romance books leave out; which is the fear of rejection, the awkwardness of first time…and not being perfect, and the longing to be perfect for that other person. To fit into the person’s life and be whole…only to decide where you truly fit.

What do you want readers to get out of this story?
Love can be messy, weird, awkward, stupid, and painful. Love can be at the wrong time. I wanted a book that real people could relate to (about falling in love). Real people who are not perfect, make mistakes, but are still rooting for that happy ending despite trudging through the war zone.

What motivated you to write this story?
So I was going through my break up, (yes and I really did it over the phone!) and I decided to write a letter, but it looked more like a short story. So I decided to expand on the short story, chapter by chapter. That was really hard, having to decide my characters’ fate. But I initially wrote down the personalities of Jon and Sabrien and illustrated their tango on the love floor.

One of the most important questions is: will there be a follow up to Jon and Sabrien?
Well, he is the other half…of the story.

Do you have a writing music playlist?
No, I don’t have a writing playlist. I can’t write and listen to music at the same time. Sometimes, I’ll take a break from writing and play a random song. Some of my favorite bands are OneRepublic, Timbaland, Greenday, and Staind.

Thanks again!

--S.C Rhyne
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Evening eBook Read All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates